Monday, May 7, 2012

Baby Showers

One of the blogs I like to read is Joy the Baker. A few weeks ago, she posted a recipe for strawberry cream puffs. They looked perfect for a baby shower, so I decided to try making them for a baby shower we were throwing for a co-worker.


I chose not to use the chocolate sauce in the recipe because I thought it might make the transportation of these too difficult. I was happy with the result, and loved the strawberry cream in the middle. It used freeze dried strawberries that I found at Trader Joe's.


They tasted really great with coffee. But then, what doesn't taste great with coffee??


I had another baby shower on Sunday. It was storybook themed, so I made orange marmalade thumbprint cookies inspired by Paddington Bear. But enough about the cookies, because, although I love Paddington, I don't share his love of orange marmalade.

I do, however, want to share the gift wrapping with you. I found some cute wrapping paper in the store Papyrus and then, instead of a ribbon or bow, added a piece of lace. I found this lace in my grandma's old sewing supply and, although I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it, really liked the colors. 


I was excited to find a way to use the lace - and the colors worked so well! Now I need to come up with some ideas for how to use the rest...











No comments:

Post a Comment