Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Savoring the Summer



Did you all have a nice Labor Day weekend? We spent our last unofficial weekend of summer in Michigan - a great place to spend the last moments of summer, in my opinion. The picture above was taken in South Haven. We stopped on our way home from visiting family to swim one last time in Lake Michigan. I used to love to stop at Captain Nemo's for a pineapple shake, but, this time, we decided to grab dinner at Joe's Bar and Grill. We enjoyed our burgers and they had Oberon on draft, which was nice. Great outdoor seating, but not the best service.

We also went to the farmer's market in Holland on Saturday. If you're ever in the area, I would highly recommend it. It was fun to wander around, looking at all of the fresh produce and flowers. We picked up some corn, coffee, and goat cheese - would have loved to get more but everything would have had to sit in our warm car.


























Now that the weekend is over, it feels like summer is over. Even though I love fall, I'm never quite ready to say goodbye to summer. I want to swim a little bit more and have picnics at the beach and pick more berries and eat more peaches and wander around summer festivals and farmer's markets. So not all of those things end with the summer - and there's plenty that I'm looking forward to doing in the fall - I guess I'm just mourning the fact that before I get to enjoy another summer, I have to endure another long winter...

How are you savoring the last moments of summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment