Monday, November 19, 2012

Curried Sweet Potato Salad


Can you believe Thanksgiving is this Thursday?! I'm really looking forward to all of the traditional Thanksgiving foods - mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole... I'm getting excited just thinking about it!

A few months ago, my sisters and I made dinner for some friends. I've been meaning to share the menu from that dinner, however, it kind of turned into a smorgus board - not exactly worthy of a blog post. So instead, I'm going to share with you all one of the dishes my sister Natalie made that night, Curried Sweet Potato Salad. This salad was beautiful and tasted fabulous! The sweetness from the potato and raisins, the spicy flavor from the curry, the crunch from the celery and cashews... yum! Not the best dish to eat with pasta, which is what we tried to do, but would be amazing with chicken and a green salad.

Maybe something different to add to your Thanksgiving table? I'm not usually a fan of deviating away from tradition, and I do love sweet potato casserole, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment