Monday, June 11, 2012

Flavors of the Season

Though summer isn't yet officially here, we're experiencing the signs of the season's impending arrival - schools are closing, the weather is warm, and dreams of a refreshing swim to ward off the heat are frequent. For me, the change of seasons also brings thoughts of new flavors. What types of flavors come to your mind with summer's arrival? I think of things that are fresh and bright. 

To officially celebrate the refreshing flavors of the season, I decided to make limoncello - an Italian lemon liqueur. Upon searching for a recipe for limoncello, you will find an abundance of options. For my recipe, I ended up combining thoughts from various sources. 

Also, a fantastic added benefit to making limoncello is the juice you get from all the zested lemons! With it I made lemonade, baked lemon chicken, and pear carpaccio.

Choose a limoncello recipe that sounds good to you, and have fun enjoying the scents and flavors of summer!

"Summer afternoon - summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language."           Henry James

No comments:

Post a Comment