Monday, June 18, 2012

Paper Bags


Last weekend, we co-hosted a baby shower for friends of ours in our side yard. This yard has been a great place to host parties, casual dinners, and spend lazy Sunday afternoons. We feel very lucky to have this space!


Friends of ours took care of the food which enabled me to focus on decor. I had fun dreaming of the perfect set-up for a baby girl shower. Unfortunately, budget got in the way, but I think it still turned out pretty well.

My sister helped out so much as well! From helping me sew pink gingham table cloths to cutting paper bags... I couldn't have pulled it off without her! 

We made a kids' table by covering it in grocery store paper bags so that the they could color all over it with crayons. I loved the pink duct tape we found to adhere the bags to the table! And it was fun to see what everyone had drawn at the end of the party.
 

We thought it would be fun to let the adults draw at their table as well, so we used paper bags as a runner down the center of the table and then filled mason jars with crayons which doubled as center pieces. 

The napkins we found at Ikea and the tutorial for the tissue paper pom-poms (first photo) is from Martha Stewart.
 


It was a fun day and a great way to celebrate another addition to our friend's family!

No comments:

Post a Comment