Monday, October 8, 2012

Places to Visit: St. Louis


Top row: succulents at Missouri Botanical Garden, Saturday morning pancakes, Betsy and me in front of a sequoia tree.
Middle row: the vespa, herb garden, chicken coop.
Bottom row: pancake breakfast, greenhouse at Missouri Botanical Garden, butterfly.

A few weeks ago I went to St. Louis to visit my good friend Betsy. Above are some pictures of the great time we had - a pancake breakfast outside in Betsy's garden and a trip to the Missouri Botanical Gardens on the vespa. The greenhouse above is now on my wish list - wouldn't it be great for starting seedlings in the spring and throwing dinner parties in the fall?

Betsy also took me to some pretty awesome eateries and shared plates so that we could try more dishes than just our own - my preferred way to dine. We went to The Vine for a delicious Mediterranean lunch - must try the lentil soup, fresh squeezed juices, falafel sandwich, really I'm sure anything there is good! For dinner, she brought me to Local Harvest, another meal filled with great dishes - lasagna, salad, cabbage rolls, carrot cake and Boston cream pie. Oh, and I definitely should not forget the Thai spring rolls and rice we got from Lona's Lil Eats in the Soulard Farmer's Market. The spring rolls came with peanut dipping sauce which was amazing! I want to try and re-create these rolls and sauce at home - wish me luck!

Good food, beautiful gardens, great friendship - and I haven't even mentioned the terrific finds at a neighborhood rummage sale - it was a great weekend! Thanks, Betsy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! Love having a photo with people in it! ;*)

    ReplyDelete